Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Kaniesha's Waiting on Wednesday #4: The Lord of Opium by Nancy Farmer

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Title: The Lord of Opium
Author: Nancy Farmer
Series: Matteo Alacran #2
Release date: September 3, 2013

Synopsis: The new book continues the story of Matt, the boy who was cloned from evil drug lord El Patrón in The House of the Scorpion. Now 14 years old, Matt rules his own country, the Land of Opium, the only thriving place in a world ravaged by ecological disaster. Though he knows that the cure for ending the suffering is hidden in Opium, Matt faces obstacles and enemies at every turn when he tries to use his power to help.



Ahhh!!!!!! I'm so excited for this one. I first read The House of the Scorpion when I was in middle school and loved it. It's been 5+ years since then though so I'll be reading it again before I read this one but I'm still so excited. I really hope it doesn't disappoint! It's been so long!

2 comments:

  1. First I've heard of this series. Sounds interesting!

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I read the first book so long ago so I can only remember how I felt and not the actual plot line but I highly recommend it based off that! I was shocked. (I was also pretty young and hadn't read much at the time).

      Delete