Saturday, February 1, 2014

Kaniesha's January 2014 Roundup


Finished:
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen (reviewed!) Rating: 4/5 stars
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas (reviewed!) Rating: 3/5 stars
Insurgent by Veronica Roth Rating: 5/5 stars
Free Four: Tobias Tells the Divergent Story by Veronica Roth Rating: 5/5 stars
Cinder by Marissa Meyer Rating: 5/5 stars
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd Rating: 4/5 stars

Started:
Snakeroot by Andrea Cremer
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
World After by Susan Ee

Acquired:
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer (Won from the SimonTeen FB page!)

Approved on Netgalley:
The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Scintillate by Tracy Clark

Dropped:
The Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal
The first 4% of this book is really slow and boring. I can't deal with it right now. I'll try again later maybe!

January was a lot better than I thought it'd be. I didn't expect to finish 4 books. (Not counting Insurgent since I've been reading it since..... November? That took a lot longer than I originally intended.. life got in the way and someone spoiled Allegiant for me so I was put off for a while :| but still, it's done now and I'm finally on to Allegiant!) But I'm still about 10 ARCs behind and I really need to get caught up. *deep sigh* I just don't know how you 100+ books a year people do it. How'd everyone else's January go?

Happy February!

P.S. Look forward to our Combined Reads (and possibly a new feature post)!

No comments:

Post a Comment