Thursday, January 1, 2015

Kaniesha Posts: Reading Challenges for 2015


Hello everyone! Happy 2015! I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve :) So for 2015, I'm going to challenge myself more than ever and really work hard towards these goals.


Flights of Fantasy: 25 books
As a huge lover and avid reader of fantasy books, I saw TheNerdHerd's post on this challenge and just decided that I was going to participate! I usually read a lot of fantasy books, as it's my favorite genre already. Magic is my favorite thing! Plus there are a few subcategories like high fantasy and urban fantasy, I really just end up reading very many so participating in this challenge should be a breeze :) I might up my number by the end of the year if things go well. As for that, my goal for now is to read 25 and review 15.

Dive Into Diversity Reading Challenge
Dive Into Diversity: 12 books
I'm a pretty diverse person myself, I'm mixed and pansexual, so reading diverse books should come naturally! However, I'm actually bad it and I tend to stick to the norm, with hyped up fantasies. I want to do better this year! I want to read 12 - one a month - and review at least 5 of them.

Debut Author Challenge: 10 books
Reading debut author books is another of my favorite things, I read quite the handful last year and hope to continue that this year. Supporting debuts is awesome!

The Daily Prophecy
(Fairytale) Retelling: 5+ books
I love retellings but I don't focus on them and I don't plan on focusing on them this year either, so reaching the Magic Mirror level is what I'd like to do for 2015 :)

So! 2015 will hopefully be a busy reading and book blogging year for me, though I still have no intention of being a super active poster. I don't want to stress myself out with books, I want to enjoy them! See you all at the end of each month to update with all my reading happenings!

2 comments:

  1. I'm also participating in Flights of fantasy, I'm so excited :D Welcome to my challenge and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete