Friday, January 16, 2015

Read Play Blog: January 2015

Read Play Blog is a meme about video games and books, posted every 16th of the month. Bloggers are encouraged to answer a discussion question, and recommend a video game that is similar to a book they liked. Hosted by Happy Indulgence & Read Me Away.

What games are you looking forward to in 2015?
 I actually don't keep up with video game releases too much because I don't have consoles or a high-end PC but I'm really looking forward to eventually playing:

1. Evolve [site] [wiki]


Evolve is an upcoming asymmetrical, cooperative/competitive shooter video game, developed by Turtle Rock Studios and published by 2K Games

My favorite gaming Youtuber has uploaded a video of him playing the alpha and it looks really fun! (Only click if you're alright with a weird man probably using not-child-friendly language). Especially for a co-op.

2. Dying Light [site] [wiki]



Dying Light is an upcoming survival horror video game developed by Polish video game developer Techland and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

Survival and horror. That's all I need to know to know I want this game.

3. hellraid [site] [wiki]



Hellraid is a first-person hack’n’slash game, set in a dark fantasy universe based on medieval European folklore. Featuring three distinct game modes that can be played in both single player and 2-4 player co-op, Hellraid is a unique blend of dynamic FPP combat and hack’n’slash elements.

Hellraid honestly looks like a scarier, more medieval version of Skyrim and I am so here for it.

4. Eminence [site]


Win and collect new cards by taking your opponents in a high risk competitive PvP card game. Trade with friends or unlock exclusive cards from story based quests. Earn bragging rights as you climb the leaderboards to claim the top spot.

I've never been into card games but the art for this one is amazing! If you go on the site, there's a game demo and I love it! It's kind of addicting.

5. The Division [site] [wiki]


Tom Clancy's The Division is an upcoming open world third-person shooter role-playing video game with survival elements. The Division is inspired by Operation Dark Winter and Directive 51, real-world events which reveal how vulnerable the United States has become in the modern era as society has become more "fragile" and "complex". Throughout the game, the agents will find themselves caught in a worldwide conspiracy and will be forced to combat both the threats of the virus as well as those who unleashed it. When everything else collapses, the Division's mission begins...

My friend first linked me a trailer type of gameplay for this one and it looks SO GOOD. The people talking in the video are so professional and not at all like casual gamers but it's just.. it's so good. Cinematic trailer / Gameplay trailer (People playing it).

Currently playing & Recommendation: Minecraft
Surely you've all heard of Minecraft? I honestly hadn't known it was a thing until 2013, I think. But that was a major revelation year for me, I found out about a LOT of games and have been gaming a little bit obsessively since then. However, back to the point, I got a Minecraft account last month and have been in LOVE! I love Endermen, they're so cute, even when they're mad!

That's about it! Any of you guys gamers and looking forward to any game releases this year?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us Kaniesha! I've heard a lot of Evolve and can't wait to see it in action. I actually saw a sneak peak of The Division at a gaming conference last year and it looked AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      The concept of Evolve is so cool, plus it looks like they did a really good job developing it. The alpha looked great! After playing another alpha game, it really puts perspective on what should be going on. Wow! I'm not surprised though, tbh. The Tom Clancy games all seem to be done really well. Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete