Monday, June 1, 2015

Kaniesha's May 2015 Roundup


Finished:
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli Rating: 6/5 stars (new ultimate fav!!)
Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer Rating: 5/5 stars
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski Rating: 5/5 stars
The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker Rating: 4/5 stars
Shadowplay by Laura Lam Rating: 4/5 stars
Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater Rating: 5/5 stars
The Walled City by Ryan Gaudin Rating: 5/5 stars

Started:
Uprooted by Naomi Novik
The Infinite by Lori M. Lee
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
Katya's World by Jonathon L. Howard
When My Heart Was Wicked by Tricia Sterling
Fire & Chasm by Chelsea M. Campbell

Still Reading:
None

Dropped:
Rush by Silver Eve Rating: 2 stars
Just too uninteresting. Main character is conveniently part Japanese and took Kendo as a kid. It's constantly brought up throughout the story because ~that's where she got her skills~ but there's no substance to it. All she does is talk about a boy. Every other page is about the boy, or her being in this situation she doesn't understand but THE BOY must know. She must get THE BOY to tell her everything, but she's got to be tricky about it.. because why would the boy know she wants to know.. like HOW could he POSSIBLY guess that other people want information? Who knows!

Acquired:
When My Heart Was Wicked by Tricia Sterling
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Our posts from April:

Reading Challenge Update:
Flights of Fantasy: 15/25
Dive Into Diversity: 5/12
Debut Author Challenge: 5/10
Fairytale Challenge: 1/5

Summary:
I have surprisingly read less fantasy than I thought I would. I've read 28 books but only 15 have been fantasy? I mean that's over half by fantasy is my thing! I'm getting behind in the diversity and debut author challenges but I am confident that I can catch up soon. 

I've also been reading way more than normal even though I thought I got into a slump this month. 7 books is crazy for me. Like, unheard of. I struggled with a lot of books the end of the month, that's why it says I've started like five more. I don't know if I want to read any of them! Fire & Chasm isn't bad, The Girl at Midnight is kind of annoying but I'm actually almost finished, The Infinite is depressingly bland... sighs. Books!

Besides that, I've been gaming and working as usual! I've got a new coworker so I might be reading less, since I've been doing all my reading at work. Who knows though, only time will tell.

How was everyone's May? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment