Thursday, October 30, 2014

Booking Through Thursday: October 30, 2014


Booking Through Thursday is a book blog meme presented by BTT2 at Wordpress. They post a question about books every Thursday and you have the whole day to reply back!  Let's look at this week's question:
What’s the scariest book you’ve ever read?
Heather:  Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House comes to mind, if only because one scene in particular freaked me out so bad I wasn't sure if it was something that actually happened or something from the book.  XD  It was great at creating atmosphere and I believe that's essential for a scary story to have, especially if the author wants you to be afraid.

Shout out to the original illustrations in The Scary Story trilogy books though.

Kaniesha: The Light by D.J. MacHale! I got so scared that in order to read it, I had to go out into the living room during the day to read it :( I actually haven't read too many scary books, the next would have to be his Pendragon series in general (there's 10 books in the series) and Libba Bray's The Diviners (very freaky). I'm also reading two "scary" books right now and, honestly, neither of them is very scary. I think I'll have to move up into adult books to get some real fear! Not that that will happen any time soon. Trying to get myself to read these books right now has been a hassle in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment