Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Kaniesha's March 2014 Roundup


Finished:
Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina Rating: 4/5 stars
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple Rating: 4/5 stars
White Hart by Sarah Dalton Rating: 3.5/5 stars (reviewed!)
The Seers by Julianna Scott Rating: 5/5 stars (reviewed!)
The Diviners by Libba Bray Rating: 5/5 stars
The Iron-Jawed Boy and the Hand of the Moon by Nikolas Lee Rating: 4/5 stars

Dropped:
Coda by Emma Trevayne
Nothing wrong with this one, just really boring and a lot of me asking myself "Why?". Not for me.

Started:
Dollhouse by the Kardashians
The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Approved on Netgalley:
Amity by Micol Ostow

Acquired:
Cinder, Scarlet, Cress signed hardcovers from Cuddlebuggery giveaway! YAY!
Fake ID, Champion and These Broken Stars from NovaTeen event!
The Diviners, The Bone Season, The Song of Achilles, Huntress, Unremembered, What's Left of Me, Prophecy, Tiger Lily, False Sight, All Our Yesterdays, etc checked out from the library!

March was... fantastic, book wise! I kind of had a rough period of time because of some things but any obstacle can be overcome with time, patience and a bit of bravery! Speaking of bravery..

I saw Divergent which was SO good. There was a lot in the book that's missed in the movie. You know how the things that really stand out to you when you read, like the characters thoughts and what's significant to THEM? That's always missing in the movies. All we get to see is their exterior, so there are things I tried to point out to my sister while they were happening, like I told her to count the scene changes when Tobias went under his fear landscape with Tris for the first time. We don't really get a good reaction from Tris when she sees Marcus after that, either. Okay, I have a lot of complaints but it was SO good. You should definitely see it.

And that's the most interesting thing I did to celebrate my 21st birthday! How was your month?

5 comments:

  1. Ooh great month for you, congrats on you giveaway win! Glad to hear Divergent was good too. My March in review is on my blog.

    ★ Under The Mountain ★

    ReplyDelete
  2. March sounds ( at least book wise) that it was pretty awesome! Seige and Storm was so unbelievably awesome i know your especially going to love that one out of all the other books you started oh and All Our Yesterdays was pretty awesome, too! Believe me!
    Lily @ Lilysbookblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I like Siege and Storm! Shadow and Bone was so good. I'm 100 pages into it but I'm not feeling it as much as I did before, Alina is a hard character for me to connect to. Though I think it might be my problem with Mal.. I hope to get to All Our Yeserdays this month! :)

      Delete
  3. I started Diviners but didn't get that far into it, I should really start again!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! It kinda slows down around half way through but it picks up again. I was sooo tired when I had about 50 pages left but I literally could not put it down. It's a huge book and it took me a week or two to get through but I enjoyed it so much! No wonder Heather was cool with reading it a second time for the blog.

      Delete