Friday, August 1, 2014

Combined Post: August 2014 Releases


I've been thinking about  posting Waiting on Wednesdays again, not just to "fill in empty space" but to be able to tell everyone which books I'm especially looking forward to. But then I thought, why not just make a big post at the beginning of the month to talk about that month's releases instead? So that's what we'll be doing!

Kaniesha's:


I've already read Of Metal and Wishes and you can read my review here.
But don't all those covers look gorgeous together?!

Heather's:


I don't have many!  But of course, can anyone really be surprised to see Pratchett on there?  I'm so excited about this book coming out JUST NEXT MONTH (!) because I loved the diaries series.  I've been waiting nearly two years for a translation of Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, so it's almost a bit unreal it's finally coming out.  If you remember a previous monthly roundup, I wasn't too keen on The Magicians, but The Magician's Land is the last in the trilogy and I feel like I should finish the series.  Francesca Lia Block's sequel to Love in the Time of Global Warming is coming out at the end of the month and I must've said it before but really, if you haven't read her before, pick up her books!  They're beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment