Saturday, February 14, 2015

Booking Through Thursday: February 12


Booking Through Thursday is a book blog meme presented by BTT2 at Wordpress. They post a question about books every Thursday and you have the whole day to reply back!  Let's look at this week's question:
No, no, I’m not asking if you like romances … what I want to know is what is it about stories that you love? Is it the stories themselves? The people? The plot twists?
Heather:  Um, I'm honestly a bit confused by the question.  Does it mean a.) what do we love about love stories or b.) what do we love about stories in general?
- If a.) To me it's the stories of how they get to be in love, which is why I don't like insta-love stories so much.  I enjoy seeing characters go from not liking / kinda liking / one character liking another to both characters falling in love and realizing it, and I really love being able to see the moment a character realizes they love another person.
- If b.) A combination of everything:  A plot summary will grab my attention and get my imagination going, but the writing and execution of the idea have to be good as well.  It helps to have someone I would like to be can root for and see the ups and downs of.  I do like plot twists, but they aren't necessary especially since, no offense to a lot of writers, sometimes they aren't set up well or I can see them coming a mile away.

Kaniesha: I'm going to answer that first question anyway: no. Romance novels are not for me. The whole story being about the boy and the girl ending up together? No thanks. However, romantic subplots, yes! I don't know what it is exactly, but something about the main character going through really awful things only to still be standing at the end of their journey, still able to love.. I don't know if that makes me a sucker or  not.. I mean.. I think it's just the ability to love that I really enjoy and I like seeing people fall in love and how it makes them better people and gives them a reason to make better decisions. It's just that love makes existing better, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment