Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Heather's Waiting on Wednesday #5: Dodger's Guide to London

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine designed to showcase upcoming releases that we're excited about.  Check out my pick for this week after the jump.

Title: Dodger's Guide to London
Author: Terry Pratchett
Release Date: November 21, 2013

Summary:  

ROLL UP! ROLL UP! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Ladies and Gents, Sir Jack Dodger brings you a most excellent Guide to London! 

Did you know . . . ? 
If a Victorian couldn’t afford a sweep, they might drop a goose down their chimney to clean it! 
A posh lady’s unmentionables could weigh up to 40lbs! 
Parliament had to be suspended during the Great Stink of 1858! 

From the wretches of the rookeries to the posh nobs at Buckingham Palace, Dodger will show you every dirty inch of London. 

Warning: Includes ’orrible murders, naughty ladies and plenty of geezers!

I had another book planned for this week, but this is the last time I'll be able to mention this book. I hadn't been keeping up so well with our posts because of home matters and this one completely got away from me.

Enough about that though.  Next week!  So excited.  This was supposed to be the final of five new Pratchett books that came out this year (as if the others didn't spoil me enough), but A Slip of the Keyboard got pushed back to next year.  =[

I'm really looking forward to this one because I love the little information tidbits Pratchett's facebook page has been posting.  I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment