Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kaniesha's Top Ten Tuesday #6: Top Ten Books I Was "Forced" to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme created and hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday is about the top ten books I was "forced" to read.

Required reading, recommended reading; anything like that goes, right? In middle school there were things that required/highly recommend that we read 10 books though I can't remember it that well. I remember starting the Charlie Bone series because of it and reading Milkweed so I'll start the list!

  1. Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo
  2. Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli
  3. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
  4. The Discovery by Gordon Korman
  5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinback
  7. Blue Fingers by Cheryl Aylward Whitesel
  8. Animal Farm by George Orwell


Sadly, this is all I can remember having to read throughout middle and high school. Charlie Bone, Blue Fingers and The Discovery really inspired/motivated me to read more. I read a lot in middle school but stopped in high school. Did anyone else have to read some of these.. less known titles?


2 comments:

  1. I finally got my hands on Midnight for Charlie Bone! =O Remember when I was talking to you about reading the books? Soon I'm gonna~

    I need to read Stargirl by Spinelli. I've read some good things about it. I also need to get Animal Farm at some point. My brother had a copy for required reading in high school, but he gave it to the school for extra points in that class (boo! =[).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah! I love the Charlie Bone series. It gets a lot of shade for being like Harry Potter, but now that I've read Harry Potter I can say the only big similarities are that they're both about really young magical boys. As far as I know, Charlie Bone is a lot lighter... HP seems kind of dark..

      I don't think I've heard of Stargirl! I read Loser (though I can't remember it) and Milkweed and I really, really enjoyed Milkweed. I used to read a lot of historical fiction when I was younger.

      Oh, we had school copies to read and a lot of it was summarizing and then we watched a movie and /sigh. School really doesn't understand how important books are!

      Delete