Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Kaniesha's Top Ten Tuesday #5: Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders

Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme created and hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's Top Ten Tuesday is about the top ten best/worst series enders.

I'd say I don't like focusing on the negatives but for today's TTT that's exactly what I'll be doing!

Best:
Boundless by Cynthia Hand
Charlie Bone and the Red Knight by Jenny Nimmo
The Soldiers of Halla by D.J. MacHale
Endlessly by Kiersten White
The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima
The Hunters by John Flanagan
The Blood by D.J. Machale


Worst:
Nevermore by James Patterson
Please don't read this series. Looking back at it, it's very.... not recommendable. Awkward and creepy and literally gave me nightmares. The conclusion to the series is the worst, but there are also a few books in the series that are downright awful at as well.

Neither:
Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
I only remember the very ending of this book and I can't say I loved it. But I did enjoy the series in general.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
I read The Hunger Games in 2011 and can't remember much but major plot points. I never fell in love with the books the way some people did though I do enjoy many aspects of it and occasionally participating in the fandom. The books are surreal and written really well when you keep in mind with who is telling the story. More importantly - I can only remember the epilogue of Mockingjay. I suppose I should re-read it (and probably Catching Fire) before seeing the movies.

4 comments:

  1. I keep seeing Boundless. I must read that soon. As far as Nevermore, I find James Patterson's books to be a bit annoying in general. For some reason I keep reading them, but it seems like punishment more than anything.

    My TTT
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! I enjoyed it a lot. I've only read the Maximum Ride series and I may read his Confession series.. but I kind of doubt it. Nevermore was the worst!

      Delete
  2. I still haven't read Boundless! I've actually only read Unearthly... *slaps herself in the face* I keep feeling like I'm missing out big time here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good trilogy! It didn't wow me as much as some of my other favorite books but it's really well written!

      Delete