Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Heather's Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Fall 2013 TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is the creation of The Broke and the Bookish, each week they post a list and one of their writers answers.  This week's topic is Ten On My Fall 2013 TBR List


01  Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett - Do I even need to tell you about how much I love Pratchett?

02  A Slip of the Keyboard by Terry Pratchett - I'm including this one because I'm so happy it's being released next month!  I wasn't in the Discworld fandom when Once More* *With Footnotes came out and the book is $300+ anywhere you look and that can't happen for me.  It's the companion to last year's A Blink of the Screen, which collected Pratchett short fiction.  This title collects his various non-fiction.

03  Dodger's Guide to London by Terry Pratchett - You guys are gonna be so sick of me talking about Pratchett on these list but whatever.

04  The Carpet People by Terry Pratchett - This book was originally released in 1971.  42 years ago!  It never saw a US release for some reason, but it looks like the powers that be have decided to make that up to his US fanbase by including Pratchett's original illustrations and a bonus story in this edition.

05  Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger - Ugh, just a month and a half to go!  I read the short excerpt over on Tor.com and got even more excited.

06  Johannes Cabal:  The Fear Institute by Jonathan L. Howard - This book actually came out in the UK in 2011, but it's just now making its way over to the US this October.

07  Katya's War by Jonathan L. Howard - The first novel ended things very well, so I'm eager to see where things will go after that.

08  The Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal - That description sounded super impressive!  I'm very eagerly awaiting next month.

09  Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh - I love her blog.  I've been waiting for this since she announced it on there and then I was looking on some list on Goodreads and saw the cover and nearly died!

10  Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town by Seth & Stephen Leacock - Seth did the cover for one of my favorite books of all time, The Portable Dorothy Parker, and I just adore his artwork in general.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for Curties & Conspiracies, it's on my list too! I need to admit I haven't read a single book by Terry Pratchett yet, and I'm a huge fantasy lover. Will need to change that soon!
    My Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete