Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Deux Lectrices' Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Make Us Want to Write

Top Ten Tuesday is a book blog meme created and hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is choose your own, so Kaniesha has chosen the top ten books that make her and Heather want to write.

Kaniesha's picks:


1. Throne of Glass / Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
I absolutely adore everything about Sarah Maas's writing style. Characters, world building, magic creating, good vs evil, etc. It's all pretty amazing.

2. The Diviners by Libba Bray
Wonderful, genuine characters in a time era built well that has me believing these characters truly could have existed.

3. Daughter of Smoke & Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor
Beautiful characters, well drawn out emotions and story lines. Truly magical set of books.

4. The Seven Realms Series by Cinda Williams Chima
I read these books back in 2012 and the characters still haven't left my heart. Which is saying so much considering I usually have to go back Goodreads to see what the names of characters even are. (There's a character in these books that I named one of my own OCs after).

5. The Visions Trilogy by Lisa McMann
If there is anything  Lisa McMann can do, it's write and portray real teenagers. Teenagers that think they are always doing the right thing, even if it's not. Teenagers that laugh and make jokes about dumb things. Teenagers that make mistakes and learn from them.

Summary: If I could write characters, worlds, relationships, prose as well as these authors I'd be set for life. Good characters that feel like real people are downright incredible. Note: I haven't been much of a creative writer before now but it is something I want to (passively) pursue.


Heather's picks:


01  Anything Terry Pratchett
02  Molesworth by Geoffrey Willians & Ronald Searle
03  Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
04  The Zamonia series by Walter Moers
05  Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente

Did we mention any books/authors that inspire your need to write? Do you not write but certain authors make you want to?

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read something by Sarah J. Maas. I've heard so many amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend that you do! She's my absolute favorite now!

      Delete
  2. what a great topic--some books I read make me wish I could write. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete