Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Heather's Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

Top Ten Tuesday is the creation of The Broke and the Bookish, each week they post a list and one of their writers answers.  This week's topic is Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

01 Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers - Maybe I've talked about this before, but I was having tons of trouble getting into this book when I started it.  So much so, I genuinely thought about abandoning it.  However it began picking up and Red Dwarf became another one of my favorite series.

02 Tourist Season - I heard these books were funny and I was totally up for checking them out, however they're mystery books and for some reason, I can't get along with that genre too well.  This was pretty funny in places, but I don't honestly know if I'll read the rest.

03 Going Bovine - While Libba Bray is one of my favorite authors, I didn't like this book much.  I'm still very glad I read it however because it showed me that, while I may not like a book one of my favorite authors has written, I can still really like the author.

04 The Gates - I love this book, but when I first started it I couldn't get a good read on it.  I felt like it was a bit too science-y for me.

05 Rivers of London - Have I talked about this book here?  I really wound up enjoying it despite me having a lot of trouble vibing with Mystery books (I can't explain why!).  I read most of it while watching my grandma one night and wound up glad I did.

06 Infernal Devices - The book started out confusing and a bit boring for me.  I kept thinking, by 30% in, that I should drop it since I wasn't entirely caring about what was going on.

07 Blankets - I really enjoy reading about other people's lives (that sounds so creepy, I know) but I felt really uncomfortable about the way Thompson felt about Raina and how he seemed to tie his happiness into her, even though she had her own life going on.

08 Adverbs - I love A Series of Unfortunate Events, so I tried out one of Daniel Handler's books.  I was really confused about things most of the time.

09 Pawn of Prophecy - I picked this up because of an illustration floating around Tumblr about great wizards in literature.  I had never heard of Belgarath before this, even though this series seems pretty popular.  Most of the time, I was angry about how things regarding Garion were handled.

10 Never Let Me Go - This was a bookclub read and I really felt obligated to finish it.  That said, I was completely bored by it.

1 comment: