Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Heather's Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art

Top Ten Tuesday is the creation of The Broke and the Bookish, each week they post a list and one of their writers answers.  This week's topic is Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art

01 Steelheart - That cover is pretty frigging . . . Epic (Pardon the pun).  It reminds me a lot of a movie poster.

02 The Lies of Locke Lamora - I talk about this series a lot, but I really love the scenery cover for this paperback version.  It pretty much nails what I imagined the city to look like while reading it.

03 Dreams of Gods & Monsters - I've said it before, but that third cover really amped up the fierceness.

04 Deathless - I love the simplicity of it.

05 The Johannes Cabal series - I'm a pretty big fan of these covers for the same reason I like Deathless' cover.

06 Whistles:  The Starlight Calliope - All the art in this comic is beautiful.

07 The Ocean at the End of the Lane - I own the UK edition of this book, but I really like the US edition's cover.  Both suit the book though.

08 The Thursday Next series UK covers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7) - Oh, man I love those covers.  They're just so fun to me.

09 The Teleportation Accident - This book's cover and blurb are glorious.

10 Turtle Recall:  The Discworld Companion . . . So Far - Mouthful of a title, but I would actually love to own a poster with my favorite series' characters on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment