Sunday, May 4, 2014

Heather's Monthly Roundup: April


This was a way more productive month for me, possibly because I just set my GR goal for the year and finally saw that I needed to get myself into (reading) shape to reach it.

01 Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants ☆☆☆☆☆ - I continue loving this series.  I'll be absolutely sad when I finish it.

02 Love & Misadventure ☆☆ - Sadly, I wasn't as into this as other people were.

03 Vampire Academy ☆☆☆☆ - Loved it and I absolutely wasn't expecting to.

04 The Phantom of the Opera ☆☆☆☆ - I've been curious about this book for a long while.  It was good, it could be better in some parts and in others I found it perfect.

05 Be Careful What You Wish For ☆☆☆ - Continuing my Goosebumps read-through.  This book was a pretty decent entry in the series.

06 The Hanged Man ☆☆☆☆ - FLB~  Ah, I love her writing so much.  This was another in the vein of Wasteland, but I love that about Block's books!  They always deal with very heavy issues.

07 The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl ☆☆☆☆ - I marathoned this show a while back and then read the first book.  I'm just now getting around to book two for some reason, but I liked this one better.

08 The Song of the Quarkbeast ☆☆☆☆☆ - The third book in this series is already out in the UK, but the US has to wait till October!  Bummer.  This was an amazing sequel.

09 Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason ☆☆☆☆ - I finally got to see the movie to this last night!  I did like this book, but the first was better.

10 Steelheart ☆☆☆☆ - I was pretty meh on this until the climax, then everything picked up and my feelings completely changed.  Looking forward to reading the sequels so so much.

11 Just William ☆☆☆☆ - I can't remember how I heard of this book, but it was free on Amazon and I picked it up.  It's pretty cute.

12 Storm Front ☆☆☆ - I've heard a lot about this series and figured it was time to start it.  While I liked it, it also felt very first book-y.  I'm definitely gonna read more in the series though.

13 Dreams of Gods & Monsters ☆☆☆☆ - Can't say much right now, but look for a post in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment