Monday, June 30, 2014

Kaniesha's June 2014 Roundup


Finished:
Breakshield by J.B. Rockwell Rating: ★★★★ (reviewed!)
Coin Heist by Elisa Ludwig Rating: ★★★★★ (reviewed!)
Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine Rating: ★★★★★ (review soon!)
Rebel by Amy Tintera Rating: ★★★★★
False Sight by Dan Krokos Rating: ★★★.5
The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton Rating: ★★★.5

Started:
Blood Orange Soda by James Michael Larranaga
Threats of Sky and Sea by Jennifer Ellision

Still Reading:
Kundalis: Storm Dragon by Frances Pauli
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

Acquired:
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo

Edelweiss & Netgalley:
Altaica by Tracy M. Joyce
The Young World by Chris Weitz
Threats of Sky and Sea by Jennifer Ellision

Posts from June:
Heather's Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag
Kaniesha Reviews: Divided by Elsie Chapman
Kaniesha's Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year
Heather's Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year
Heather's Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List
Heather Reviews: The Radleys by Matt Haig (mild spoiler warning)

As always, I read a lot in the middle of the month but don't read anything the last week of the month. I don't know why this happens. It happened this month because of the Steam Summer Sale but I don't have an excuse for any other time.

But let me tell you guys about the Steam Summer Sale. Steam is this huge platform/program/company that manages games. You install the program onto your PC and from there you can purchase a huge number of games and manage them all from this program. You can also download game demos, add friends, edit your public profile, level up, trade cards, craft badges, etc. So this sale is annually and there are HUGE discounts, meaning I bought many very games for a surprisingly low number in comparison. I'm not really sure about numbers but I believe I spent around $70 for 10+ games. And these are games that are normally $15+ each. So if I disappear from the book blogging world for a while, you know where I've gone. (And I totally want to post up a discussion thread about this. It is so difficult to manage more than one time consuming hobby!) My favorite buy/sent game (my friend bought and sent me some games too) would be Battleblock Theater, 7 Days to Die and Borderlands 2. Please watch this Battleblock Theater gameplay if you're at least 15 years old and not afraid to listen to boys cuss and generally be boys.

As for books, my favorite June read was definitely Of Metal and Wishes and I can't wait to write and put up a review of it for you guys. It is SO good. It hurts SO much. While I was screaming about it on twitter, the author told me there's going to be a sequel! A SEQUEL!!! I thought it was a stand alone, so my heart soars again.

As for the rest of my life, my sister graduated high school on June 14th and I'm really proud of her. I'm also really glad we're all putting high school behind us. GOODBYE, HIGH SCHOOL FOREVER! (Until we have kids but even then that's 15+ years in the future, hahaha).

How was everyone's June? Was it as fantastical as mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment